Monday, May 30, 2011

sea, sand & salt

We had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend doing all of our favorite things and being with some of our most favorite people. Friday we had a nice dinner at the White Dog with my co-workers, good food, good convo and just a fun way to kick off the weekend. Saturday evening Robert suprised me with clams, I have been wanting them for sometime now so that was a great treat. Daddy joined us for dinner as Mama has been in the Bahama's this weekend. Today was so much fun, we went out on the boat with The Penick's and some others and all around it was just a grand day. Our beach girls were just precious, playing and splashing in the water. We ate, talked, ate some more, listened to music and on the way in both girls were snoozing comfortably on their mommy's shoulders.

As we were coming in and Abigail was sound asleep on my chest I marveled at the beauty this county has to offer. I couldn't help but think about the places I've lived which is the blue ridge mountain region and the capital of our state and just how much I love Mathews County. I've visited California twice, Paris, France, Cape Cod, MA, I've driven through every state south of VA to the everglades of Florida, Beaver Creek, CO but nothing compares to this place. I love the smell of the bay, the sweet sun on my skin and the familiarity of being on the water. Growing up my summer's were spent skiing, wake boarding and cruising and that is what I want for Abby. To grow up knowing the water and loving it as much as I do.

Happy Summer friends!

Sorry this post is late!! I'm having computer problems at home. Hope to be back soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment